Ultimate Amiga

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Uae4all2/ xperia play Combo  (Read 12821 times)

delta191

• PSPUAE Beta Tester
  • A500
Uae4all2/ xperia play Combo
« on: April 11, 2013, 11:42:44 PM »

Just dropped by to let you guys know I'm having very good results running amiga games on Uae4all2 for android and sony xperia play hardware.

I had almost given up running amiga games on Android devices, even my new samsung galaxy note II gave bad results, mainly the touchscreen controls not giving you a pleasurable time (very inaccurate, no feedback)

I did notice that Uae4all2 did run at very good speeds though, so I decided to put the emulator on my old xperia play, I could manage to get my DPAD and one button to map to the amiga's joystick.

This has allowed me to play alien breed, xenon, alien bash 2 at 50fps without frameskip, all with incredibly good sound and using proper xperia play controls.

Just thought I'd let you guys know ;)

FOL

• PSPUAE Dev Team
  • Site Admin
  • A4000T
  • Amigakit.com Technical
    • PSPUAE
Re: Uae4all2/ xperia play Combo
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2013, 10:39:38 AM »

Just dropped by to let you guys know I'm having very good results running amiga games on Uae4all2 for android and sony xperia play hardware.

I had almost given up running amiga games on Android devices, even my new samsung galaxy note II gave bad results, mainly the touchscreen controls not giving you a pleasurable time (very inaccurate, no feedback)

I did notice that Uae4all2 did run at very good speeds though, so I decided to put the emulator on my old xperia play, I could manage to get my DPAD and one button to map to the amiga's joystick.

This has allowed me to play alien breed, xenon, alien bash 2 at 50fps without frameskip, all with incredibly good sound and using proper xperia play controls.

Just thought I'd let you guys know ;)

I prefer Gnostics P-UAE to be honest, but on the Xperia, it has controls.
Resolute and Industrious
Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire

delta191

• PSPUAE Beta Tester
  • A500
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2013, 01:06:18 PM »

yes, theirs lots of ways to get things working, going to try the nexus7 with xbox360 controller method.

Things are speeding up with android, its getting "lift off" at the moment, hardware is so powerful. So emulators are getting the ummph they always needed.

Looks like the joystick problem is solved with hardware controllers working for amiga but what about mouse driven Amiga games, those are tougher to crack. Playing dungeon master is still a toughie lol.

FOL

• PSPUAE Dev Team
  • Site Admin
  • A4000T
  • Amigakit.com Technical
    • PSPUAE
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2013, 08:05:14 PM »

yes, theirs lots of ways to get things working, going to try the nexus7 with xbox360 controller method.

Things are speeding up with android, its getting "lift off" at the moment, hardware is so powerful. So emulators are getting the ummph they always needed.

Looks like the joystick problem is solved with hardware controllers working for amiga but what about mouse driven Amiga games, those are tougher to crack. Playing dungeon master is still a toughie lol.

Indeed, nexus with custom kernel rocks.
I get around 6 to 7 hours out of mine, playing stuff.
Resolute and Industrious
Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire
Pages: [1]   Go Up

TinyPortal 2.2.2 © 2005-2022