Ultimate Amiga

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Amiten Software Inc. Web site.  (Read 18833 times)

Amiten

• A600
  • Amos Coder Since 1990
    • Amiten Software
Amiten Software Inc. Web site.
« on: October 12, 2014, 04:36:38 PM »

Hello Friends,

With permision of this House I want to anounce my new Amiga/Retro Web site.

Hope you like it and invite to all ultimate Amiga members to visit us.

Link: http://amiten.hol.es

All the best
Amiten
AMIGA is a Style of Life

rednova

• A600
    • http://www.feryogi.com
Re: Amiten Software Inc. Web site.
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2014, 09:02:49 PM »

Amigo:
me gusto mucho su sitio !!!
siga adelante !!!
-mobilis in mobile-

Amiten

• A600
  • Amos Coder Since 1990
    • Amiten Software
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2014, 09:21:44 PM »

Muchas gracias Amigo!

All the best
Amiten
AMIGA is a Style of Life

bruceuncle

• AMOS Dev
  • A500
  • WINUAE Amiga User
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2014, 03:02:27 AM »

Amigo:
me gusto mucho su sitio !!!
siga adelante !!!
Mate:
I really liked your site !!!
Keep it up !!!
My sentiments exactly!  You've done a really great job with the site.  I'm particularly impressed with your style of graphics - definitely keep it up!  (I hope I got the spirit of the translation right   ::) .)

I've also got a lot of envy for your equipment  ;) .  I'd love to be playing around in that environment rather emulating it all on my PC.  Everything works fine.  But it's just not the same...  :'(

It's really great to see enthusiasm like yours in action.  Congratulations and looking forward to seeing more to come.
Repeat after me ...  "The AMOS Pro architecture is complex but it is not complicated."

FOL

• PSPUAE Dev Team
  • Site Admin
  • A4000T
  • Amigakit.com Technical
    • PSPUAE
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2014, 04:57:23 PM »

Hi,

Welcome, I cant see any problems in posting here, :).
Resolute and Industrious
Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire

Anemos

• Nothing
  • Forum Mod
  • A2000
  • =/\=
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2014, 07:16:37 PM »

Welcome here Amiten,  the game demo "Parallel Worlds" ,looks like very nice congrats!
keep memory,s as treasure

Amiten

• A600
  • Amos Coder Since 1990
    • Amiten Software
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2014, 10:26:11 PM »

Thanks to all for your comments and for visit my humilde morada (cant translate ;) )

All the best
Amiten
AMIGA is a Style of Life

bruceuncle

• AMOS Dev
  • A500
  • WINUAE Amiga User
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2014, 12:04:54 AM »

"humilde morada" = humble abode
Google Translate
Repeat after me ...  "The AMOS Pro architecture is complex but it is not complicated."

Amiten

• A600
  • Amos Coder Since 1990
    • Amiten Software
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2014, 09:09:22 PM »

Hi Friends,

I want to give to all this Members Site (Amos Lovers I think) this Gift I made in Amos.

I Hope You Like it

all the best and Amiga4ever
Amiten
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 09:11:30 PM by Amiten »
AMIGA is a Style of Life

Amiten

• A600
  • Amos Coder Since 1990
    • Amiten Software
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2014, 05:02:00 PM »

Any one try this demo?
AMIGA is a Style of Life

bruceuncle

• AMOS Dev
  • A500
  • WINUAE Amiga User
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2014, 04:36:34 AM »

Any one try this demo?
Thanks Amiten - trying it out tonight.  We've been heavily involved with some family problems so haven't had a lot of Amiga time lately  :( .  I'll let you know how it went.  ;)

Amiten

• A600
  • Amos Coder Since 1990
    • Amiten Software
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2014, 02:00:50 PM »

Ok , many thanks bruceuncle wait for your opinion. All the best
AMIGA is a Style of Life

Lonewolf10

• AMOS Extensions Developer
  • AMOS Dev
  • A2000
    • http://www.aliensrcooluk.com
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2014, 12:25:19 AM »

Hi, I have had a quick play tonight. So far I haven't made it past level 2 (due to time constraints - it's currently 1:23am here in the UK and I need some sleep), but here is what I have found so far:

- Needs 68020+ (else 8000 0003 error when starting)
- If Parallel Worlds screen left (in intro) for a while it goes to WB with "file not found" error. Using SnoopDOS I found it tries to search for "parallelworldsdemorc".
- Life bar is glitchy - sometimes after dying and being reborn it was -10!! (negative!) Also, when life goes above 100(?) it reads 11 instead of 110!!
- I selected Elena to use, but still played as Marco!! (Wizard is locked so can't use him - well, if you followed the intro he's gone somewhere else...)
- Character selection seems dodgy. Sometimes I have to repeatedly press 1 or 3, before it registers the selection at the bottom of the screen.

The sound is great and the visuals are stunning - I love the Parallel Worlds logo (may I advertise your game in my assembler made Project L-S game, which will be released next year?).

Have you released this before (maybe on EAB)? I got a strange feeling of deja-vu when watching the intro and playing the game.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 12:28:26 AM by Lonewolf10 »

bruceuncle

• AMOS Dev
  • A500
  • WINUAE Amiga User
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2014, 01:20:22 AM »

Ok , many thanks bruceuncle wait for your opinion. All the best
Finally managed to get some 'quality Amiga time'  :) - other problems continue  :( ..

Ran it on an A4000 (WINUAE emulated on a PC) with Kickstart 40.86 and Workbench 40.42.  It's a very simple Workbench with only Freewheel installed so's I can use the mouse scroll wheel.  No joystick.  My 'plain vanilla' testbed.

Unfortunately, I can't get past the Parallel Worlds screen as anything I try (mouse or keyboard) doesn't let me into the game.  So I just get the 'File not found' message after a while.  Is it coded for joystick only?  In which case, you need to give the Parallel Worlds screen a simple 'press any key or click mouse' exit and insert a setup or requirements screen after it.

From the little I saw, I think you do very tasty graphics.  And the sounds and music are good too.  Lovely picture for the Parallel Worlds screen.  ;)

You might consider a little more animation in the characters to indicate who's talking.  Nothing fancy, just a small wiggle would do to catch the player's attention.

There's a bit of flickering with the character's icon in the text area when a large Bob is being moved or animated.  You'll need to sync to the Vbl better to get rid of it.  Is it double-buffered, etc?

As that text area is a simple black background, you might try making it a separate screen laid over the top of the main screen.  You could then make it Hires and get more text in and move it to any vertical position.  You might be able to drop the number of colours too to save a bit of chip memory.  You'd also need some duplicated double-width player icons to get it to look right with the main screen, or float a sprite over it if you can get the palettes to work out okay.

- Needs 68020+ (else 8000 0003 error when starting)
Thanks Lonewolf10.  I should have tested on an A500 as well.  ;)

8000 0003 = CPU Trap: Address Error
Usually caused by word or longword access to an odd memory address.  A 68020 and above CPU allows that but a 68000 CPU does not.

Now that's a bit of a worry for an AMOS program.  Without the source code for the game it's very difficult to see what would cause it.  AMOS Pro 'out of the box' should never give that error (I'd certainly want to know what caused it if it does!).  The one exception is a compiler bug affecting Length(BankNumber) mentioned below, but it would be rare even then.  So is there any extension library involved?  It's something I need to follow up as it needs fixing if it's an AMOS Pro bug.  Note:  I'm not interested (at this stage) if it's an extension causing it, just if it's AMOS Pro itself.

As this is a compiled AMOS program, it might also result from the compiler bug that rounds all Bank allocations up to the nearest word in length.  That can cause any calculations using Length(BankNumber) to work fine until they're compiled.

Don't worry about the AMOS Deek/Doke and Leek/Loke instructions accessing odd memory addresses.  AMOS checks for that.  It shifts the data and uses byte access to avoid it if necessary.  So it's difficult to see how it could happen without any machine code being involved, or maybe an odd memory address being passed to another AMOS instruction.

Let me know if you've got any more info on what the cause might be.  And many thanks for the effort in getting this game to this stage.  8)
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 01:23:21 AM by bruceuncle »

Amiten

• A600
  • Amos Coder Since 1990
    • Amiten Software
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2014, 11:06:24 AM »

Hello, many Thanks to bruceuncle and Lonewolf10 for take the time to try my game.

in my site there is all the development info about this Game the link are :http://amiten.hol.es/foro/parallels-worlds/42-parallel-worlds-demo-amiga-68k

And here some info about the Game

Minimum Requirements to Run the Game:

Amiga 1200/4000 with Accelerator Card 68030 at 50 MHz
Memory: 2MB Chip RAM / not req. Fast Ram
Hard Disk : 10MB
A Joystick / Pad

recommended Requirements to Run the Game:

- Amiga 68030/60
- 2 MB Chip Ram
- Chip Set ECS
- Hardrive 10MB
- Amiga OS 3.1 o 3.9
- Winuae User please Activate Inmediate Blitter "ON" and set 030 or 060 Emulation.
- Joystick / Pad

About the error when we stay a while in the Parallel worlds Logo and then exit and search for parallelworldsdemorc I know and I will fix.

The counter of life goes in negative  also I know I will fix too.

and of course not run on a 68000 how Lonewolf10 say not work  for the reason of the minimun req.

any way thanks again for have a try and comment thanks and all the best.
Amiten
AMIGA is a Style of Life
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

TinyPortal 2.2.2 © 2005-2022