Ultimate Amiga

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Down

Author Topic: AMOS Manuals / AMOS Pro Resource Kit Project  (Read 84996 times)

SamuraiCrow

• compile-time wierdo
  • Forum Mod
  • A1200
  • Compile-time wierdo
Re: AMOS Manuals / AMOS Pro Resource Kit Project
« Reply #120 on: November 18, 2015, 11:35:41 AM »

Does anybody else have the ODT files?  MadAngus hasn't been on for some time and I'd like to fix up the indexing of the AmosPro manual so it's easier to find stuff.

Hungry Horace

• Amorphous Blue-Blob Man
  • Site Admin
  • A4000T
  • Don't forget... Ameboid's need love too!
    • AUW
« Reply #121 on: November 18, 2015, 09:39:55 PM »

I'll have a look but I doubt it tbh.
It's not linked to any posts or anything?
Quote from: KillerGorilla
because winuae is made of code and your amiga is made of stuff

bruceuncle

• AMOS Dev
  • A500
  • WINUAE Amiga User
« Reply #122 on: November 19, 2015, 12:40:31 PM »

Nah, same here.  All I got was the PDF (and a lot of emails with PDFs of project standards  ;D ).
I've got a fully licensed Acrobat 5 but it's barred from Windows 7.  I'll see if my XP emulator still works (haven't used it for a couple of years).  If it does, I can edit the PDF if it's not protected.  What changes did you want for the bookmarks?
Repeat after me ...  "The AMOS Pro architecture is complex but it is not complicated."

SamuraiCrow

• compile-time wierdo
  • Forum Mod
  • A1200
  • Compile-time wierdo
« Reply #123 on: November 19, 2015, 02:07:57 PM »

I actually want to regenerate the HTML so I can use some of those "mid-page" links on the command index and the table of contents.  That way we don't have to page forward and backward on those indexes.  Likewise I want to make each chapter use those same types of links for the subheadings so the page boundaries don't break up articles.

morpa

• A600
  • Generic Amiga User
« Reply #124 on: September 04, 2018, 09:58:52 PM »

Hi folks, kind of continued a part of the ambitious book work madAngus started, under my source code preservation project. I have a slightly angle though: I ask the authors if they can release their books under creative commons, which solves the problem with that the literature and permission is tied to a specific project or even person. That means I have contacted (again) almost every author madAngus did contact, and a few others too. So far I have been given permissions for a quite a few books, but a slightly different set than madAngus had as of yet:) I also try to contact every Amiga book author I can find, so this is not AMOS-only. I'm not trying to replace madAngus works, but he hasn't been logged in for 5 years plus, so I guess his got other interests now-a-days and really don't care.

My goals:
1) Get a general liberal permission for anyone, for as much Amiga literature I can, under Creative Commons or alike.
2) Host a pdf, in best cases one optimized and one  higher res. for archival purposes
3) In best case, also host an online version of the book. This is done by ocr->asciidoc. Asciidoc can be convertehd to many formats, example from the Total Amiga Assembler book. I invite anyone interested in helping out with this.

Note, I have used some scans found in this forum, but have been sure to  giving credits both to this forum, and the users involved in scanning.

Who should have credits for creating  amos-pro-v2.0-interface-summary-revision3? I guess "brucuncle"?

Site and code repo etc: https://amigasourcepres.gitlab.io/page/books/amos/

Again, I don't intend to duplicate AMOS Factory in any way, It is just that the project of "getting permission for amiga literature" involves AMOS literature also, so there are some overlapping there.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2018, 10:36:31 PM by morpa »

morpa

• A600
  • Generic Amiga User
« Reply #125 on: September 15, 2018, 01:41:07 PM »

More AMOS-books released with a Creative Commons License. I think the only one missing now us Ultimate AMOS by J. Holborn.

chalky

• A600
« Reply #126 on: September 16, 2018, 03:34:41 PM »

Excellent work - many thanks for uploading these. FYI the 'Amos In Action' PDF contains 2 scans of the book...  :D

Hungry Horace

• Amorphous Blue-Blob Man
  • Site Admin
  • A4000T
  • Don't forget... Ameboid's need love too!
    • AUW
« Reply #127 on: September 23, 2018, 04:20:27 PM »

Jason Holborn posted on YouTube a few years back, in reply to one of my videos....
Quote from: KillerGorilla
because winuae is made of code and your amiga is made of stuff

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Up

TinyPortal 2.2.2 © 2005-2022