Ultimate Amiga

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bloodwych - Book of Skulls - Download - Work in Progress  (Read 13992 times)

Hungry Horace

• Amorphous Blue-Blob Man
  • Site Admin
  • A4000T
  • Don't forget... Ameboid's need love too!
    • AUW
Bloodwych - Book of Skulls - Download - Work in Progress
« on: August 24, 2009, 04:10:16 AM »

For members of the site, I have attached a playable demo of Bloodwych - Book of Skulls - the first dungeon set I will be creating using the new Amiga BW Editor.

Please do not use the Quickstart Option - as this will be removed in the final version.

It is recommended you start the game as a Warrior, although not essential, you will otherwise quickly see why this is recommended!

I have attached the file as a single bootable (high density) ADF, which will boot the game using the WHDload slave, and save directly to the same disks.

please refrain from using too many save slots (about 4 should be ok) as you will fill up the disk!

all i ask for in return is some feedback.
e.g

- when / where more scrolls should be placed
- if more objects are required, and if so what and where
- thoughts as to the difficulty scale of the Monsters (I have played Bloodwych many times, so it is possible i've made it a little tough!)

remember to keep your ADFs though, as I will be making a method for transferring your champions into the original gamefile, in order that the later towers can also be tested once they are made, without needing to play through the Keep everytime!

Download at the bottom of this post. (last update 17/09/09) - Register Forum Members Only.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2009, 07:07:38 AM by Zendik »
Quote from: KillerGorilla
because winuae is made of code and your amiga is made of stuff

Hungry Horace

• Site Admin
  • A4000T
    • AUW
Re: Bloodwych - Book of Skulls - Download - Work in Progress
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2009, 11:10:21 AM »

Good News. I've just "imported" my last team who completed the Keep, into the main-game file, so that I can test out my new Serpent Tower. All went successfully it seems.

If anyone would like to test out the new Serpent Tower, let me know and I will import your team for you.

I will post an updated "Master" version of Book Of Skulls with The Keep & The Serpent Tower included, tomorrow. (this would have to be played from the beginning)

Torico

• A600
    • Youtube Account
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2009, 07:01:54 AM »

Nice, got some catching up to do  :)

Hungry Horace

• Site Admin
  • A4000T
    • AUW
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2009, 07:57:54 AM »

sorry Torico, i havent uploaded the latest version with The Serpent tower yet... mostly because I am working already on a new Moon Tower  ;D

if you are desperate to play the next twoer however, just attach your save disk to a post here so i can transfer your team.

Torico

• A600
    • Youtube Account
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2009, 01:11:35 AM »

hehe, well we still need to start again, so i'll get back to ya on that, keep working on Moon Tower  8)

Hungry Horace

• Site Admin
  • A4000T
    • AUW
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2009, 07:06:24 AM »

hi Torico,

It was killing me not being able to deliver this for you, but i've had a hectic week and i think i need to take a couple of weeks to not look at Bloodwych for a bit, as i'm getting that "tunnel (dungeon) vision" thing going on!

I've attached to the first post a version with;
- Fixed Keep (no stairs bug)
- Complete Serpent Tower
- Moon Tower with only a few key items / objects  - i recommend you dont play this however!
- Champion Stats still at level 1 (sorry!)

i'm sure it wont be long before I am back at it again, but making these maps has highlighted a few things on the Editor i need to fix / change, which was kind of the point of doing it anyway!

I had to take a few weeks away from the Editor in the middle of this latest big stint (i think, it was 4 months ago or so I started the editor again, having originally looked at the idea back in 2006!), but it wasnt long before BW came knocking on my laptop again.  ;D
« Last Edit: September 17, 2009, 07:12:20 AM by Zendik »

MadMunky

• Forum Mod
  • A600
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2009, 07:55:32 PM »

Nice one Horace, Its been awhile since I've done anything Bloodwych related and see you have been busy, will have to get UAE setup and give all yours bits a try.

I take it there is still no plans for a PC editor/remake?

anyways excellent work, am reading though all the posts :)

MadMunky

• Forum Mod
  • A600
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2009, 11:28:20 PM »

MadMunky,

Long time no speak!

No plans for me to do anything with a PC editor, although I will see if i can make my editor also work with the PC version of the game... or possibly create a second program which takes my export files and inserts them into the PC version (I would also like to do the Atari version, you dont happen to have the file(s) for that, outside the disk file, do you?)

Lastly, I know it was mentioned there was an ST demo with a unique map... i'd like a copy of that if you have it, so i can create an Amiga version :)

your input on all of this would be welcome

How about you just mod your editor to give you the option of what format to output the files? I'll look into the demo version im sure I have the ST files around somewhere :s...

Do you just want the ST map files? I think its all just stored in the main program file

Hungry Horace

• Site Admin
  • A4000T
    • AUW
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2009, 04:45:33 AM »

Nice one Horace, Its been awhile since I've done anything Bloodwych related and see you have been busy, will have to get UAE setup and give all yours bits a try.

I take it there is still no plans for a PC editor/remake?

anyways excellent work, am reading though all the posts :)

MadMunky,

Long time no speak!

No plans for me to do anything with a PC editor, although I will see if i can make my editor also work with the PC version of the game... or possibly create a second program which takes my export files and inserts them into the PC version (I would also like to do the Atari version, you dont happen to have the file(s) for that, outside the disk file, do you?)

Lastly, I know it was mentioned there was an ST demo with a unique map... i'd like a copy of that if you have it, so i can create an Amiga version Smiley

your input on all of this would be welcome

Hungry Horace

• Site Admin
  • A4000T
    • AUW
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2009, 04:50:17 AM »

How about you just mod your editor to give you the option of what format to output the files? I'll look into the demo version im sure I have the ST files around somewhere :s...

Do you just want the ST map files? I think its all just stored in the main program file

MadMunky : the output files are completely independent of the Amiga game version, that's the whole point of the export function. I may add the option to edit the Atari version directly, but it depends on time / motivation. Adding any support for the ST has to be seen as an "added bonus" because i have little/no interest in the Atari version at heart. (sorry!) ... i have even less interest in the PC version as that version is ugly!

If it's one universal file on the ST (like the Amiga), then that's great, as all i have to do is find the right locations and make it import my 'export' files to the new offsets.

A (pc style) .map alone is no good, as there are some parts edited which are hardcoded in 68000 asm, and a lot of the stuff I alter isnt contained in even the PC .map or .ob files, but the .exe itself.... basically, i need the entire contents of the ST disk, as many or as few files as it is!

hyrekia

• A600
  • Generic Amiga User
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2014, 11:32:52 AM »

This looks great ! I would be happy to try it too, but I can't find the adf file at the end of the first post.

Hungry Horace

• Site Admin
  • A4000T
    • AUW
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2014, 01:05:00 PM »

This looks great ! I would be happy to try it too, but I can't find the adf file at the end of the first post.

I will update the ADF in the next few weeks I hope.... since i am working on the game a lot at the moment, i am reluctant to send out half-working versions!

hyrekia

• A600
  • Generic Amiga User
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2014, 07:26:30 PM »

I would be glad to try the updated adf when you can upload it. I've finished Bloodwych and now playing "the extended levels". I love this game.

Hungry Horace

• Site Admin
  • A4000T
    • AUW
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2015, 08:42:39 PM »

still chipping away at this game.

I am currently in the process of trying to add a few more clever hacks / edits which are outside of the scope of the original game data, and require some code modifications (leading to a slightly large executable)

These are largely related to adding new monster colours, and giving more depth to the communications in-game, to fit with what happens in the new game.

I still havent really planned out the chaos and final dungeons though..... 

Pages: [1]   Go Up

TinyPortal 2.2.2 © 2005-2022