Ultimate Amiga

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16   Go Down

Author Topic: Bloodwych Remake (HTML Version)  (Read 125202 times)

MadMunky

• Forum Mod
  • A600
Bloodwych Remake (HTML Version)
« on: February 03, 2013, 09:15:29 AM »

Hi All,

I'm trying to learn Java and being that it is Multi platform I was wondering if the other people interested in bloodwych would be will to help out try and recreate the game as much as we can without the source code.

What I managed to do was this yesterday

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxfbWSwvqlQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJ5podmrfg8

My idea is to share the project on a DropBox link then we can all access the source files and work on it, I think most the people on here that know some kind of programming wont find Java too hard as like I said im also trying to learn it at the same time but getting there.

I guess this is more pointed at Horrace but im asking Wishbone if he would be willing to help out as he's the only one who's really managed to remake the game reading the original levels (He did it in QuickBasic many moons ago)

The plan is to keep the original graphics, remake the game in 2D being able to load in the original maps and datadisk, once we have the maps loadings and graphics displaying we can then work on the monsters/players

I dont expect other people to ready write any code (unless they want to) but more give comments on how you write the logic

Anyways just an idea if no one in interested I'll work away at doing it on my own :)
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 08:59:10 AM by MadMunky »

Hungry Horace

• Amorphous Blue-Blob Man
  • Site Admin
  • A4000T
  • Don't forget... Ameboid's need love too!
    • AUW
Re: Bloodwych Remake (HTML Version)
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2013, 04:19:56 PM »

Hi MM,

I might be interested in contributing where i can, but my "project" time is kind of limited. I was thinking about trying to make a Bloodwych re-make in AMOS in order to expand it into a sequel.... perhaps we could work on something to that end in parallel? (although it sounds more like i would end up re-writing your BW remake on the Amiga!)
Quote from: KillerGorilla
because winuae is made of code and your amiga is made of stuff

MadMunky

• Forum Mod
  • A600
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2013, 02:01:00 PM »

It would be good, Wishbone is helping me when he can. That code you have would be grate as I'm currently struggling with converting the Map into the Viewport :)

MadMunky

• Forum Mod
  • A600
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2013, 08:58:55 AM »

Progress update...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uF86lBNWr48

I have now most of the graphics drawing correctly there is still some more images I need to grab and I need to make a function to draw the items on the walls like Banners and Shelfs, currently you cant rotate the player but that will be what I work on next

MadMunky

• Forum Mod
  • A600
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2013, 05:04:30 PM »

I now have mod0 level 4 (starting tower) loaded in for testing I'm pretty impressed so far I think by the end of tomorrow I should have most of it drawing correctly and two players able to walk around the level so ill post another video then

Hungry Horace

• Site Admin
  • A4000T
    • AUW
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2013, 06:42:42 PM »

I now have mod0 level 4 (starting tower) loaded in for testing I'm pretty impressed so far I think by the end of tomorrow I should have most of it drawing correctly and two players able to walk around the level so ill post another video then

sweet!  are you going to use this to add "real time viewing" of levels in your editor?

MadMunky

• Forum Mod
  • A600
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2013, 08:01:51 PM »

Not thought about that but yes I could do that :)

There is a lot of bad code I need to try work out the correct way of doing things, it would be good to see how your brother did some stuff in the code he did.

MadMunky

• Forum Mod
  • A600
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2013, 07:13:36 PM »

Well as promised...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Z4amuGpQGk

I didn't get a lot of time to work on this today.

Issues I need to fix

Drawing of Wooden Walls/Doors
Drawing of Banner/Banner Colors
Drawing on the correct walls (North/East etc..)
Player two movement/rotate

Of course there is loads more but they are the things I'll be working on next (GUI in the video is just a image for effect)

osiris37

• Forum Mod
  • A600
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2013, 01:26:36 PM »

I know you're just using original graphics but down the line if you need someone to dabble in some alternative wall graphics, i've got some free time coming up soon if you wanted some input, this goes for your amos remake too Horace, now that I've got my replacement laptop i'm back up to speed with getting artwork out. plus I can test any native amiga ports on my A1200 if needed it's unexpanded at the mo but I've installed a hardrive and I can test off a floppy.

« Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 01:29:48 PM by osiris37 »
Uh oh! He's back, err... no, it's those pesky thargoids again!

Hungry Horace

• Site Admin
  • A4000T
    • AUW
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2013, 03:45:40 PM »

I know you're just using original graphics but down the line if you need someone to dabble in some alternative wall graphics, i've got some free time coming up soon if you wanted some input, this goes for your amos remake too Horace

i've got some Mega-Lo-Mania stuff i might like to send your way still ;)

MadMunky

• Forum Mod
  • A600
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2013, 04:47:17 PM »

I know you're just using original graphics but down the line if you need someone to dabble in some alternative wall graphics, i've got some free time coming up soon if you wanted some input, this goes for your amos remake too Horace, now that I've got my replacement laptop i'm back up to speed with getting artwork out. plus I can test any native amiga ports on my A1200 if needed it's unexpanded at the mo but I've installed a hardrive and I can test off a floppy.

osiris37: That would be good to see what you could produce I've attached one in for the walls from the remake, have a play and post back what you come up with an ill try it in game, as long as the images stay the same sizes there is no reason why we cant have different wall sets like the DM remakes :)

At a later date ill look at increasing the resolution of the images currently they are double the pixel of the orginal

As for progress not getting much time at the moment, both players move correctly now and Wall objects display in the right directions, now for the wooden doors/walls...
« Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 04:49:21 PM by MadMunky »

osiris37

• Forum Mod
  • A600
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2013, 10:12:31 AM »

i've got some Mega-Lo-Mania stuff i might like to send your way still ;)

Yep No worries Horace, although I don't have any of the original files that I worked on for the Gods as I lost everything when my old laptop got flooded after a burst water pipe incident (not fun!) if you still have them it would be great to snag a copy, did I send any of the original PSD files or just the IFFs?

:)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 06:54:13 PM by osiris37 »

osiris37

• Forum Mod
  • A600
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2013, 10:14:18 AM »

Thanks MM, i'll have a mess around with these, is there a particular colour pallete for Bloodwych, it'd be handy to grab hold of that :) Are you using a particular format for the image files or just as the png you sent?

Cheers :)
S
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 10:15:53 AM by osiris37 »

MadMunky

• Forum Mod
  • A600
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2013, 11:10:20 AM »

Thanks MM, i'll have a mess around with these, is there a particular colour pallete for Bloodwych, it'd be handy to grab hold of that :) Are you using a particular format for the image files or just as the png you sent?

Cheers :)
S

No pallete in my version but strait png files :)

MadMunky

• Forum Mod
  • A600
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2013, 06:00:31 PM »

Day 5 (I say day but i've only played for a couple of hours) Wooden Objects are proving to be an issue :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biU-WrIjEA0
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16   Go Up

TinyPortal 2.2.2 © 2005-2022