Author Topic: E-UAE and Hi-Toro  (Read 18422 times)

Offline grasstust

• Forum Mod
  • A600
    • Doremac - Amiga Emulation on MAC
Re: E-UAE and Hi-Toro
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2008, 08:49:37 PM »
E-Uae runs AGA, yes. And the new intel version is veryvery good. You really should try it out. As for ControllerMate, thanx for the tip!

Offline Naquaada

• A600
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2008, 08:56:59 PM »
The new version which is only 2,9 MB? This one doesn't work on my system.

Offline whittaker007

• A600
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2008, 09:04:15 PM »
Hi guys, I've been running E-UAE for a little while, I'm not sure what version it is, but the file is dated 28 March 2007, and it works great (except for an annoying problem where the virtual keys seem to get stuck - which is a topic for another post). Anyway I recently discovered this site and saw the link to the Intel-only version of UAE from the homepage, which links to www.simplyamiga.com/uae/e-uae.0.8.29-CVS.20080608.zip

This file crashes on launch for me, every time. I've downloaded it twice, launched it alone and through Hi-Toro, but no go. Luckily I am using Time Machine and was able to recover my old working version. I'm using a 2Ghz Core 2 Duo Macbook running OS X 10.5 Leopard. Any clues?

Offline whittaker007

• A600
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2008, 10:53:52 PM »
Not sure if I should be starting a new thread or whether this is the only thread for E-UAE and Hi-Toro. I'll try here first. Anyway, I am enjoying the March '07 E-UAE and latest Hi-Toro on my core 2 duo macbook running OS X Leopard, but I have two issues I haven't been able to find forum discussions on:

1. Sticky virtual joystick/keyboard: When I'm playing games using the keyboard to simulate a joystick, one of the directional keys will often stick. The player sprite will keep moving in that direction until the key gets unstuck. I can unstick a stuck key by holding the stuck key down then pressing another key, but it's often too late to prevent in-game disaster.

A secondary keyboard issue I have is that it doesn't seem to recognise my 'T' key - and possibly others, I'm not sure. I only noticed it when entering my name (Scott) into score tables. These issues occur no matter what keyboard I use, whether my laptop keys or an external one. I'm 99% sure I have standard American keyboards and layouts.

2. I have recently discovered E-UAE's Save/Restore State functionality. Although the key presses are extremely awkward to do on a laptop keyboard (it would be SO great to be able to remap E-UAE's keyboard shortcuts) it seems to work very nicely. The problem I have is that now every time I start E-UAE whether by itself or from Hi-Toro, it automatically loads one of my saved states. So if I want to play anything other than that saved state I have to do a soft reset, boot to the workbench, and load another disk manually.

Is there any way to be able to have E-UAE only restore a saved state when it is told to?

Cheers,

Scott

Offline ElB

• A600
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2008, 01:26:31 PM »
A secondary keyboard issue I have is that it doesn't seem to recognise my 'T' key - and possibly others, I'm not sure
The keys that don't work are assigned to the keyboard joystick emulation; remap them in Hi-Toro, or temporarily disable the joystick emulation in eUAE when you need to type something.  (And the sticky keys thing bugs the hell out of me, too.)

(De-lurk. :D)

Offline ElB

• A600
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2008, 09:24:13 PM »
I know WinUAE lets you record the video/audio output (via DivX or whatever takes your fancy); does eUAE offer a similar feature?  Is there something I can add to a uearc file manually, or is this a Windows specific trick?

Offline ElB

• A600
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2008, 04:24:12 PM »
X-Posted from Lemonamiga, sorry, but as a few people seem to be having problems I've knocked together a basic tutorial for setting up Hi-Toro/UAE under OS X; it's a work in progress and could probably do with some screenshots, etc., but hopefully it covers the basics.  Hope it helps!

Offline Hungry Horace

• Amorphous Blue-Blob Man
  • Site Admin
  • A4000T
  • Don't forget... Ameboid's need love too!
    • AUW
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2011, 09:31:21 AM »

Probably a good idea to link to this Ultimate Amiga release in the new "parent" forum:

E-UAE For OSX Package 1

:)
Quote from: KillerGorilla
because winuae is made of code and your amiga is made of stuff