Ultimate Amiga

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Moonstone whdload probs??  (Read 12924 times)

baboon

• Amiga fanatic
  • PSPUAE Beta Tester
  • A600
  • Moon Monkey
Moonstone whdload probs??
« on: May 29, 2010, 09:06:07 AM »

Hey guys

I finally got round to purchasing a whdload key and have been installing a few games on winuae.

I've got a problem though with the game Moonstone. I installed it fine but when I run it after the intro it allways craps out and says: error during 'resload_Delta' source data doesn't match wdelta data? I've tried various adfs (which all boot normally) with the install but keep getting the same error?

Any ideas how to get it running would be appreciated?

Thanks

FOL

• PSPUAE Dev Team
  • Site Admin
  • A4000T
  • Amigakit.com Technical
    • PSPUAE
Re: Moonstone whdload probs??
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2010, 10:56:26 AM »

Try disabling stuff in the WHDLoad.config file in S: directory.

Or if could be your WinUAE config.
Resolute and Industrious
Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire

BooBoo

• Amiga Guru
  • A600
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2010, 11:57:27 AM »

It seems that you might be installing the game from cracked ADFs try IPF or just download the game pre installed.

baboon

• Amiga fanatic
  • PSPUAE Beta Tester
  • A600
  • Moon Monkey
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2010, 12:32:13 PM »

All sorted now. As allways - thanks peeps! :)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2010, 12:37:24 PM by baboon »

Hungry Horace

• Amorphous Blue-Blob Man
  • Site Admin
  • A4000T
  • Don't forget... Ameboid's need love too!
    • AUW
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2010, 12:34:29 PM »

looks like BooBoo beat me to the correct answer. ;)

never use ADFs for a WHDload installation unless the readme *specifically* states suppot for an ADF version (usually supported because the game is uber-rare)
Quote from: KillerGorilla
because winuae is made of code and your amiga is made of stuff

baboon

• Amiga fanatic
  • PSPUAE Beta Tester
  • A600
  • Moon Monkey
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2010, 01:59:28 PM »

Well after getting my whdload games to run I thouht my workbench looked a bit basic so just did a new install with the Bloodwych classicWB (http://classicwb.abime.net/classicweb/downloaduae.htm).

All seemed fine but I just tried running some WHD games and now its saying 'DOS-Error #205(object not found) on reading "devs:kickstarts/kick34005.a500"?

I've got the correct files but I'm unsure why its not working? Where should I put the kick34005.a500 where it can be seen (and where should the devs folder go)?

I've tried putting the devs folder (with the kickstart images) in numerous places (the whdload key readme said it searches in the following order: S:  L:  Devs:  Progdir) but I'm still getting the dos error 205?

I could make do with the basic wb3.1 setup I had as I managed to run games that way yesterday - but the ClassicWB looked much nicer with the funky icons and all the apps and folder structures already in place so I'd prefer to get the whdload games running on it instead?

Sorry for the noob questions!  ;D
« Last Edit: May 30, 2010, 02:01:36 PM by baboon »

FOL

• PSPUAE Dev Team
  • Site Admin
  • A4000T
  • Amigakit.com Technical
    • PSPUAE
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2010, 02:19:07 PM »

Well after getting my whdload games to run I thouht my workbench looked a bit basic so just did a new install with the Bloodwych classicWB (http://classicwb.abime.net/classicweb/downloaduae.htm).

All seemed fine but I just tried running some WHD games and now its saying 'DOS-Error #205(object not found) on reading "devs:kickstarts/kick34005.a500"?

I've got the correct files but I'm unsure why its not working? Where should I put the kick34005.a500 where it can be seen (and where should the devs folder go)?

I've tried putting the devs folder (with the kickstart images) in numerous places (the whdload key readme said it searches in the following order: S:  L:  Devs:  Progdir) but I'm still getting the dos error 205?

I could make do with the basic wb3.1 setup I had as I managed to run games that way yesterday - but the ClassicWB looked much nicer with the funky icons and all the apps and folder structures already in place so I'd prefer to get the whdload games running on it instead?

The newer Bloodwych packs he had to remove the kickstarts. So you need to supply them.

All kickstart related files go in the DEVS:Kickstarts/ folder.
Resolute and Industrious

baboon

• Amiga fanatic
  • PSPUAE Beta Tester
  • A600
  • Moon Monkey
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2010, 02:26:20 PM »

The newer Bloodwych packs he had to remove the kickstarts. So you need to supply them.

I've got the kickstarts and they are all named correctly its just I'm not sure where to put the devs folder?

FOL

• PSPUAE Dev Team
  • Site Admin
  • A4000T
  • Amigakit.com Technical
    • PSPUAE
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2010, 02:31:15 PM »

I've got the kickstarts and they are all named correctly its just I'm not sure where to put the devs folder?

As I said, all kickstarts and RTB files go in the DEVS:kickstarts/
Resolute and Industrious

baboon

• Amiga fanatic
  • PSPUAE Beta Tester
  • A600
  • Moon Monkey
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2010, 02:49:03 PM »

I've tried putting the devs folder (with the kickstart images) in numerous places (the whdload key readme said it searches in the following order: S:  L:  Devs:  Progdir) but I'm still getting the dos error 205?

Sorry for the noob questions!  ;D

As I said, all kickstarts and RTB files go in the DEVS:kickstarts/

But in what directory do I put the the Devs folder into UAE? ...I can't see an existing folder searching through all the classicWB anywhere? Do I also need to add the directory as a device or something?

« Last Edit: May 30, 2010, 02:54:20 PM by baboon »

Hungry Horace

• Site Admin
  • A4000T
    • AUW
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2010, 03:07:14 PM »

DEVS:  is a mandatory assign set up on workbench load

standard is to redirect it to:   System:Devs/  or DH0:Devs/ (depending on what your drive is named/labelled)

you will find the Devs/ folder already contains folders such as Monitors/ DosDrivers/ etc. - the ClassicWB setup already has a subfolder called kicsktarts/ to drop your kick files (renamed) into.

Hungry Horace

• Site Admin
  • A4000T
    • AUW
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2010, 03:10:41 PM »

see attached picture

baboon

• Amiga fanatic
  • PSPUAE Beta Tester
  • A600
  • Moon Monkey
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2010, 04:29:58 PM »

Thanks for the image... i was looking on my pc for a dev directory but couldn't find it? Your pic sorted me out though and I'm now up and running with everything working now!

I think I need a beverage now! lol

Thanks for the answers Horrace and Fol - I got there in the end! ..and I'm v happy now too!  ;D

TCD

• Sir TCD of EAB
  • Forum Mod
  • A600
  • Backzorz wit da romzorz yo!
    • The English Amiga Board
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2010, 11:58:08 PM »

It seems that you might be installing the game from cracked ADFs try IPF or just download the game pre installed.

Yes, download the game preinstalled. Where? -> http://www.whdownload.com/ <-
http://www.whdownload.com/  ;D
Hypothesis: Current scientific thought suggests we have already achieved max rocking level.

Perhaps max-rocking levels could be radically increased with creation of 30ft tall motion controlled guitar thrashing robot simulacrum.

Result: We rocked the f*ck out.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

TinyPortal 2.2.2 © 2005-2022