Ultimate Amiga

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: May Contain Spoilers! - Book of Skulls - The Serpent Tower Feedback  (Read 7949 times)

Torico

• A600
    • Youtube Account

Serpent tower is awesome, love all the puzzles and tough baddies, i don't know how you did it, it's very complex and very fun.  We did a lot of it, just finished the bit with tons of crabs and holes in the floor, and we got out but have nowhere to go, seem to have done it all except a couple of chromatic doors, but we don't have a clue where to find the keys, any hint? cheers.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 04:43:15 AM by Zendik »

Hungry Horace

• Amorphous Blue-Blob Man
  • Site Admin
  • A4000T
  • Don't forget... Ameboid's need love too!
    • AUW
Bloodwych - Book of Skulls - The Serpent Tower
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2009, 04:36:33 AM »

the chromatic keys are guarded by The Macra Terror :)

you will require Levitate!

really glad you're enjoying it

an answer to your previous questions: 

there is a trader right at the start, in the friendly zone, which you can return to via the pit in the "you can always go back" section (i think?)

The extra Mithril Axe is hidden behind a concealled shelf (which you found some of to progress, but missed at least one of!)  they are much easier to find if you have a Cutpurse in you team (I like Mr.Flay, as he doesnt need to eat as well)

I will be adaptting in the -very- far future, my editor to work with the Extended Levels as well, but that would mean also creating a whole new dungeon set. At the moment, my poor brain needs to look at something other than Bloodwych editing, as it has had to before, but i am obviously very happy with the progress that has been made over the past few months.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 04:41:06 AM by Zendik »
Quote from: KillerGorilla
because winuae is made of code and your amiga is made of stuff

Torico

• A600
    • Youtube Account
Re: May Contain Spoilers! - Book of Skulls - The Serpent Tower Feedback
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2009, 05:47:39 AM »

That was one of the things, at the Macra Terror we had got to the last hole and tried to levitate, but it always fizzled, reading what you put just hit me, i can stand next to last hole and not fizzle and sidestep on it, haha shoulda thought of that, was doing so well too.  I did find that magic wall next to chromatic door before, lol was trying everything.

Thinking about that bug before with the stairs, it seems to happen when a bad guy is in front of the stairs and you are on the stairs at the top, you turn right to hit him and a wall appears, when the bad guy walks away it's ok again.

Yea I know the stress of working on something for ages and needing a break, but i'm glad that you'll keep with it when you can, these are easily as good if not better than original Bloodwych / Ext levels ;D  Very creative ideas for rooms you have, makes it very fun!  :D

Torico

• A600
    • Youtube Account
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2009, 02:26:28 AM »

Great stuff, just finished it, all in all a very enjoyable tower, the baddies are really fast and strong by the end, hope they don't get any harder  :o hehe quite challenging.  I've attached the save place for when the Moon Tower is ready, cheers.

Hungry Horace

• Site Admin
  • A4000T
    • AUW
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2009, 08:22:38 AM »

Hi Torico,

just to let you know, an update i probably at least a few weeks away, my apologies.

as is probably obvious from my lack of posting, i am working a lot at the moment, so I am not really motivated (or neither do i have the hours) to do much when i am home.

the good news is, i've lots of time booked-off work for november/december at least!

Torico

• A600
    • Youtube Account
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2009, 10:47:49 AM »

Yup, no problem :)

Hungry Horace

• Site Admin
  • A4000T
    • AUW
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2010, 12:31:45 PM »

i've been playing through BoS on my lunchbreaks, and i've just reached the many crabs of 'The Macra Terror' section.

Torico - were manyt of the crabs here green/yellow before?  they are a higher level than i remember making them, and this may explain why you had difficulty getting through this section!

i definately had them set at lower levels before, so i'm not exactly sure what has happened here!

edit: i notice they are all the correct colours (silver, blue etc) on the Editor, so i am now wondering if this is a bug in the version of PSPUAE (Fame/C) which i am using, causing this.  :'(

edit 2:  just tested by 'skipping' directly to this section, using winuae, and it does not happen there

i guess my savegame (and hours of playing!) have been wasted :/
« Last Edit: July 21, 2010, 12:43:54 PM by Hungry Horace »

Torico

• A600
    • Youtube Account
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2010, 03:43:43 AM »

I dunno been a year since i played, but the difficulty has always been perfect, hope u finish the next levels
Pages: [1]   Go Up

TinyPortal 2.2.2 © 2005-2022