Ultimate Amiga

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Request for someone to have a look at my Streets of Rage source  (Read 2521 times)

Brick Nash

• A600
  • Generic Amiga User

Hello everyone!

I was working on a demo of Streets of Rage written in Amos Pro 2.0 and I posted a video on EAB last night of how far I had got. I wasn't going to carry on with it as the scrolling was too slow, but a few people had said that it could definitely be made faster, and Hungry Horace suggested uploading the source here for maybe someone to have a look at and tell me what I'm doing wrong. If it's too far gone and would need a total re-write than that's ok, I'll just leave it. However, if it's salvageable then I'd like to carry on with it. The game uses a two button control system and I've been using a Megadrive/Genesis pad for testing with the A & B buttons.

Here's a DL link to the current build (with assets), and I'd really appreciate it if someone could take a peek and see what's up (which I'm guessing will be rather a lot as I was really winging much of what's going on, and I'm really not a great programmer). 

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=1d_OwTL6N5B0ZCRwUdVK5ho4KsekNASbL

Many thanks! (P.S. I may have forgotten to reset the paths but I can't remember. There's not many.)

Hungry Horace

• Amorphous Blue-Blob Man
  • Site Admin
  • A4000T
  • Don't forget... Ameboid's need love too!
    • AUW
Re: Request for someone to have a look at my Streets of Rage source
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2020, 04:29:35 PM »

FYI - i have shared this on the AMOS Facebook page where you may get more replies!
Quote from: KillerGorilla
because winuae is made of code and your amiga is made of stuff

Brick Nash

• A600
  • Generic Amiga User
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2020, 04:59:18 PM »

Thank you mate. The help is much appreciated! :)

Brick Nash

• A600
  • Generic Amiga User
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2020, 06:23:02 PM »

The scrolling is fine now that I'm using the Screen Offset instruction instead of Screen Copy. :)

There's a bit more flicker on the Bobs but it's not a lot.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

TinyPortal 2.2.2 © 2005-2022