Ultimate Amiga

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Multiple screes  (Read 5291 times)

Lee DaBee

• A600
  • WinUAE
Multiple screes
« on: March 28, 2019, 09:10:24 PM »

Hello,

How can i have two screens where the background can be seen through the foreground screen.

Ie the background is scrolling while the foreground screen has all the bobs etc.

Or if that can't be done then how do you keep bobs in place while the screen is scrolling

Thanks

« Last Edit: March 28, 2019, 09:31:17 PM by Lee DaBee »

Volvo_0ne

• A600
  • A1200 lover
Re: Multiple screes
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2019, 10:04:20 PM »

Hello,

How can i have two screens where the background can be seen through the foreground screen.

Ie the background is scrolling while the foreground screen has all the bobs etc.

Or if that can't be done then how do you keep bobs in place while the screen is scrolling

Thanks

You need to look at the "Dual Playfield" instruction in the AMOS manual

It has a few restrictions in format and colour palette, but it works quite well.

Experiment with it a while and it should do what you want.
Transuranic heavy elements may not be used where there is life.

Lee DaBee

• A600
  • WinUAE
Re: Multiple screes
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2019, 11:33:22 PM »

Thanks I'll have a fiddle around with that

Lee DaBee

• A600
  • WinUAE
Dual Playfield
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2019, 07:15:22 PM »

Hello,
I've used the Dual Playfield command, which works in giving me the see through screen at the front, but the background screen which is scrolling using Amal, becomes split horizontally with each half being a copy of the other, also the display starts to creep up vertically too.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2019, 07:36:17 PM by Lee DaBee »

Volvo_0ne

• A600
  • A1200 lover
Re: Dual Playfield
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2019, 06:25:11 PM »

Hello,
I've used the Dual Playfield command, which works in giving me the see through screen at the front, but the background screen which is scrolling using Amal, becomes split horizontally with each half being a copy of the other, also the display starts to creep up vertically too.

I think this is a "feature" of Amiga screen handling, if you research the problem I've seen s few discussions on the subject, but never used any.

Try typing "amiga corkscrew scroller" into a search engine, to see if anyone has a suitable solution.

Regards
V1

Lonewolf10

• AMOS Extensions Developer
  • AMOS Dev
  • A2000
    • http://www.aliensrcooluk.com
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2019, 07:48:14 PM »

Hello,
I've used the Dual Playfield command, which works in giving me the see through screen at the front, but the background screen which is scrolling using Amal, becomes split horizontally with each half being a copy of the other,

Can you post a screenshot to illustrate this?

so the display starts to creep up vertically too.

That happens because you are scrolling the screen continuously and not resetting the X position to 0.
Consider a screen that is 320 pixels wide and set the x position to -320. It has now been scrolled 1.0 screens to the left and will have moved up by 1 pixel.

Volvo_0ne

• A600
  • A1200 lover
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2019, 08:50:18 PM »

That happens because you are scrolling the screen continuously and not resetting the X position to 0.
Consider a screen that is 320 pixels wide and set the x position to -320. It has now been scrolled 1.0 screens to the left and will have moved up by 1 pixel.

To be fair, it shouldn't happen, but it does, that's the way it is, so ALWAYS reset the X position and you'll be ok.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

TinyPortal 2.2.2 © 2005-2022