Ultimate Amiga

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Current status of improvements to AMOS Pro?  (Read 5551 times)

LuisCoCo

• A600
  • Retro User And Programing
    • Retro Software in spanish
Current status of improvements to AMOS Pro?
« on: October 07, 2018, 01:42:21 PM »

I would like us to use this thread to keep the community informed of the improvements and advances in the correction of errors and new developments of AMOS Pro
I have tried to understand what is being done through the messages, but it is frustrating, there were significant advances a few years ago, but I can not find the end.
- From a search of sources AMOS Pro quite complicated, going through confusing versions 2.00, 2.10, 2.20 and even a version 3.00. Who understands that?
- A source for a git repository, which I can not find.
- Collaborators not very clear.
- New version by François Lionet on facebook

Where are we going?
« Last Edit: October 07, 2018, 01:44:47 PM by LuisCoCo »

Sidewinder

• Forum Mod
  • A600
    • http://www.liquido2.com/
Re: Current status of improvements to AMOS Pro?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2018, 10:49:29 PM »

Hello LuisCoCo!

So the current status is that the AMOS Factory continues to work on a new AMOS Pro!

Version 2.00 is the last official release by Europress and Francois.  That was 25 years ago.

The first release by the AMOS Factory will be a bug-fix only release known as 2.10.  It is meant to correct certain known bugs, but probably not all known bugs.  It is the first release by our team.  There is no set release date, but it is very close to being completed.

Version 2.20 will be the first release with new features.  The features will likely start small and get bigger as we continue to gain momentum and confidence.  Work on 2.20 has already begun now that the 2.10 release is nearing completion.

The public git repo is over at https://github.com/AmosFactory

The currently active collaborators are BruceUncle, SamauriCrow, Sidewinder, Adrazar, MichaelVParent, and Hungry Horace.

Francois has mentioned that he is working on a new implementation of AMOS that will run on the FriendUP cloud OS.  This project is not related to the work that the AMOS Factory is doing on the 68k version of AMOS.

Hopefully this clears things up a bit.  If you have any other questions, please ask!
- Sidewinder

Toolkitman

• A600
  • Amiga 1200 raspberry pi Ideator & Creator
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2018, 02:10:20 AM »

I'm not inside the question, but this sounds new to me and i'm happy to hear this!
Only one thing, The new AMOS release will mantain compatibility with coding in AMOS BASIC 2.0 and old programs, i think this is the most important thing.
Thanks

Toolkitman

• A600
  • Amiga 1200 raspberry pi Ideator & Creator
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2018, 02:26:04 AM »

And for the less expert there is also Easy AMOS!

LuisCoCo

• A600
  • Retro User And Programing
    • Retro Software in spanish
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2018, 01:53:43 AM »

I am very happy that it is progressing, I am not an expert in assembling but it gets me thoroughly in the way of doing work and some internal things of masters. I use it a lot and I make games. I know a lot about the mistakes of masters and I think I can collaborate with tests and discussions on this occasion ideas.
I make systems to live, possibly I can contribute something, count on me

For now I translated the manual Amos Pro into Spanish, which is my native language.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

TinyPortal 2.2.2 © 2005-2022